Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4/6 and 4/7/2014 bad cold

Short post, here...
I used to have very bad allergies. I got rid of them with acupuncture years ago. YAY!
Last week, I began to sneeze. It's a hard allergy season - so I called and made an acupuncture appointment for next week, for a tune-up.

Not allergies. If I'd know it was a bloody cold, I'd have started my silver-bullet cold remedy - Coldcalm and Reishi Mushroom Tincture, with some Emergen C. Very effective.
Too late. So sick at last night's rehearsal - I begged to leave early to go to bed.
I Called in sick today - slept all day as best I could with congestion and stuffy/runny nose and muscle aches.

It turns out, when your body aches from a cold or flu(?) the painful places from hip surgery tend to hurt again. I don't appreciate that much, at ALL.  Plus, my ribs, shoulders and neck hurt from coughing and VIOLENT sneezing. Which scares the cats so they run from the room. 
Frankly, I feel the worst I have felt since being in hospital, post-surgery. Which was due to surgery. And drugs.

I am really not happy. I have songs to learn and practice, and choreography (Just movement - no dancing for me, yet) to learn. I went in an hour lat tonight, stopping at the Natural Foods Co-op for some remedies to at least try to get better sooner. It as pretty miserable. I am losing my voice, and i reallllly need it right now. At least we don't open for about 2 1/2 weeks.

I hate calling in sick to work - but I am afraid that, unless I get a LOT better overnight, it's due again tomorrow. Also - going in sick causes OTHER people to be exposed to it. SEVERL people did just that at work and in rehearsal. A terrible idea. *sigh*.

And now that I have whined about it - I bid you adieu. Wish me a good sleep, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!