Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4/15/2014 The Silver Lining is a Little Tarnished Tonight.

I'm very tired and sore tonight.

We're at a phase in rehearsal where a production feels under-rehearsed. Sometimes it actually is, sometimes it just feels like it. This show is 95% music, and it's complicated music. We were still blocking a scene tonight (setting the movement of the actors is called "blocking" for non- theatre readers). Usually this is done before now.
It will all come out well, it's a cast of people with a lot of integrity. The parts are coming together.

One of my songs has complicated lyrics that seem to be winning. I will conquer it soon.

I am bloody tired, and my hips hurt. Maybe about -  a 4 out of 10. Which is OK - but it's tiring on top of tired. It is taking longer due to my extreme case. But I am really ready to be able to do things and not suffer consequences of pain, when then becomes worry. (Why are they hurting THERE?? Hmmm...)
We have a three day break this weekend... that's scary the weekend before opening night, but there it is, and my body and voice will get a rest.

I probably DID accept this role too soon... but nothing catastrophic, and I couldn't have known.
And it is GREAT and very important to be back at the creative life I lead.

So understand that I am tired and a little crabby... most days the Silver Lining is pretty shiny. Just not as much today.

Of course my taxes aren't done, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting at least something back, so no penalty.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!