Wednesday, April 2, 2014

4/2/2014 Cane? What cane? / Eyes

A pretty good day today. 
No cane, all day. I carried it in in my bag, just in case. My right knee was a little crnaky - tomorrow I have PT and Ultrasound, which will help. My balance is much- improved... Ann may cut me loose, who knows? But I hope to get a few more sessions. Again - I'm going for FULL recovery, and mine was pretty extreme. 

Went to the Eye doctor today. My Eye doc's wife works with him, and she was getting around on a knee scooter - her left heel had some pretty severe surgery a week ago - she should be at home, but they needed her and it's hard to say no. It was good to be able to empathize with her, and I helped by picking up a few things she dropped - she didn't want me to, but I told her how glad I was to be able to hep pay it forward. 
Unfortunately, they were pretty slammed, and I was a late appointment, so they were there til 6 with me. I appreciate the excellent care they give. I have terrible eyesight, and it's good to work on getting it better (I wear contact lenses, but getting the prescription just right is always tricky.) 

It was nice going in and showing off my mobility, but I didn't want to over-do it with Melissa being in pain and having a hard time getting around. 

I've spent the evening doodling around, taking a nap, talking to my sister on the phone, because my eye Dr. dilated my eyes ( myopia/very oval eyeballs make for more than usual pressure, and they check mine yearly just because of increased risk of retinal detachment). Fortunately they are very healthy and look great, but having my pupils huge (Demon eyes, as I enjoy calling them!) all evening makes for a pretty useless night, I really hoped to work on music, but I can't focus to see it. I'll have some catching-up to do. 

More and more normal days, all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!