Monday, April 28, 2014

4/27/2014 Ending a Good Weekend, Heading Into the New Week

A good day! 
Slept late, stuck around the house most of the day. After dinner, off to the theatre to complete this very long week ("tech week" of a show, especially a musical, into and through opening weekend, is exhausting).

All of my really tricky material is finally clicking with the orchestra, I am no longer so anxious about the streams and streams of tricky lyrics - they are "in my bones". I bumbled one word tonight, and that's not bad by percentages! This feels great! I always run through my material every day between weekends of as show's run - never let it get away from you, I feel... though I do occasionally take the Monday after opening off from it. We'll see. 

Not a full house tonight, but about 2/3 full, and they were responsive and enthusiastic. We are being very well received, and it feels great!! 
The exciting thing here - when friends come to see the show and they have not seen me since before surgery, and some of them never knew me before I began to be in pain and limp progressively worse starting 7 or 8 years ago, now - their response is so genuinely joyous and supportive! 
This is aside from their response to the performances, which is very positive... it's not just a way for them to find something nice to say! 
They are really overjoyed and celebratory for and with me. They are truly tickled to see me  smoothly glide across the stage, upright and sailing like a schooner! 
They remark about seeing me move around so easily and go up and downstairs - and they are particularly tickled about the turn at the end for the curtain call. Me, too! 
I'm glad I thought of that turn- it's my own little celebration of "feeling so much spring within me" (An important lyric from the closing number).

And the nice thing about early Sunday curtaintime - I was home by 9:20! 
A little time to wind down. 

Back to work in the morning, and three straight nights of uncommitted evenings! One of the nice things about opening a show which just plays on weekends. (I have a photo shoot on Thursday evening.) 
I am hoping to get in some real walks this week! Lovely weather and a lovely neighborhood, and plenty of light, still when I get home from work. 

Also - I sent  a note to my Primary Care Physician - the Shin Divot not healing, and now being more painful, is of concern. I want him to take another closer look at it, after this six or so weeks since it happened and I went to him. 
I do NOT need any kind of slow-healing shenanigans wanting to behave like an infection at this time, THANK YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!