Saturday, April 19, 2014

4/17/2014 - TMI - Yer Bum


OK , today - a little clinical talk, sort of TMI - but I know SO many people who have dealt with hemorrhoids  - they suffer in silence, because you just don't TALK about that! 
I mentioned it once right after surgery and you'd be srprised how mny peopel have advice and empathy- who knew? 

OK - I have a Good bit of advice!! This has plagued me since the first surgery - NINE MONTHS ago this Sunday! They just never completely heal, and then the raging itch and screaming burn keep me awake - it just irritates over and over... I've tried Prep H and Butt Paste - they helped pretty well early on - but you want to watch the OTC some times - they can just stop working.
 I did some serious research on natural stuff. And a stop at the Natural Foods Co-op found me something that is, so far, the most effective yet - I sleep. I don't itch and burn. And if it starts to, I just apply a little more. 

Calendula Gel. It is wonderful. Get some. Apply it whenever you need it. It helps and cools - REALLY! Other products that claim relief either DON'T, or they sting! It's a bit like hell. 
I also got a homeopathic Hemorrhoid tablet which I'm taking as well. 
What I do know that my poor bum is finally the closest to normal it's been in all that long time, after only two days using them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!