Saturday, April 26, 2014

4/26/2014 Lots of Theatre and Singing

After last night's successful opening of A New Brain and a little revelry afterward, I slept in pretty well. I skipped my PT both at bedtime and in the morning. I don't plan to get into the practice of skipping it - it is helping under any circumstances, and being as healthy as possible is the goal, after all... 

So - a bit stiff when I got up and about. After a late breakfast, of to a rehearsal for the Cannery Row music, which we will be recording for the college's sound engineering class. It will be fun to have a recording of it for posterity, and as a sweet reminder of the experience of that lovely show. 

Another little souvenir is the shin-divot, and it heals slowly, but I think it heals. It doesn't grow worse, so there is that!! 

Off to shower, make some dinner and get back on the boards again tonight! RUmor has it that we have a good full house both tonight and tomorrow night, and that will be delightful. The energy makes all the difference. 
These tricky songs are beginning to be "in my bones" finally - running through them every day, they flow much more smoothly. This makes life so much nicer and less stressful! We don't do theatre for the stress, after all, but for the joy of the giving of the gift. 

****************************
Post-show - it went pretty well, a few bumbles here and there. a pretty good one from me, but it's a quick bit of music wherein my character is upset, so I turned the incorrect key I started in into - screaming the lyrics. It.. kind of - worked, -Ish. Thank god it was quick. The rest went pretty well, though my voice was very tired after tech week, staying out late, and rehearsing today for Cannery Row, and with the theatre being very dusty tonight. It happens. 
I have to say, this cast is a group of really swell people. 
Came home from the theatre tonight... a little winding down, and i hope for a good night's sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!