Thursday, April 24, 2014

4/21/2014 PT... Some Interesting Alternative Ideas, Rehearsal, and What's Next?


I had PT today - it was good - Anne is great. She understands when I say I feel a bit like I'm at a standstill, but she can see the differences and points them out - my progress is still happening, just slower now - it makes sense. I just look forward to entire painless days and feeling lee like I need to be super careful... I will always strive to be mindfl and aware of my body mechanics, now - it is a really optimal way to live your life - it cannot help but promote health. We did a lot of balance things, and I m holding my balance better and better! Ended with ice on my lower back to help with my tight calves, and ultrasound on my right knee. 

Today I was talking to my friend about the pesky little divot in my shin, which just seems to stay and stay. He often talks about embracing and welcoming such things to your system. I know this is totally counter-intuitive... "What?!?? It's an injury! I don't want to welcome THAT!" 
But I understand. It's just hard to keep it in mind, it is so contrary to the mindset that injury is the enemy. It's not that you are liking being injured - you are sending love to every place in your system. Again - it cannot help but get it healing. 
I also looked at western medicine a bit - "Slow healing wounds" - it wasn't any of the "co-moridity" it talked about in many of the articles, such as Diabetes, Arthritis, etc. 
I read the explanation of the process of healing - there is a phase where the wound begins to generate collagen - this is the beginning of the edges of the wound connecting and closing up. It turns out that I was srcubbing and rinsing it out too aggressively, thinking that the white soft tissue was possibly the beginning of infection. 
Also- it said not to use antibiotic cream - it keeps it from healing. It is not infected - no symptoms of that. Put a dressing on it and let it heal. 
And so - I did. I flowed some affection to the little area and stopped meddling with it and let it do it's thing! It should be all better in no time!

Rehearsal tonight was pretty hard work, but it is beginning to get a flow. We had body mics for the first time - I am not fond of them, but I am very happy with this sound engineer! He makes it painless and easy. No feedback, quality equipment, and he's very good with mics on and off. 
It is less ready than many of us are used to, four days before opening, but with some focused work before our dress run-through, we should get some polishing done. Working out the traffic patterns back stage and such, and we should be there JUST on time. It's a bit exhausting and worrisome doing this when you are not rehearsed to 
good confidence... I had a few small lyric glitches (A big improvement, the lyrics being very very ricky in this show), and then a good-sized train wreck or three on the biggest one... that's the first thing we're working tomorrow. It should get me that last boost to feel better about this piece. It's as tough a piece for the band as it is for me. So there's that! 

I was asked by my dear friend to play a really sweet role later this summer. The theatre company is absolutely one of my theatre homes in a  beautiful outdoor amphitheater int eh SIerra Foothills Gold country, with people I love, but I have to REALLY weight it. I am not sure of a month off after A New Brain is enough. It is quite a weekly commute - and I don't have much vacation time for the 3-5or so days I'd need to take off. It's hot, hard work, iI love it so, but - not sure about it being to much too soon. A hard choice! Stay tuned! 

OK - that's my life today! Busy, pretty great, and a little nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!