Thursday, April 24, 2014

4/23/2014 Busy-ness, Getting the Show Open, and Apparently - I Can Rush!

Sorry - late evenings in tech rehearsals have kept me away... We open in two days. 

The show is taking shape - miracles happen in every night's rehearsals. 
Mine was getting through my trickiest song word-perfect (knock wood) ... next, getting through the OTHER TWO tricky songs the same! ui!!! 
For the most part, I am really getting around well, and pain is fairly minimal. I was actually told in rehearsal notes that I could come in more slowly for one entrance, because it looks like I'm rushing.

*I'M RUSHING!* Hee! 
Minimal pain. 
I tried Ibuprofen just for rehearsals - but I'm getting what may be those ibuprofen-induced hives again. So back to Tylenpl when I need it. It does the trick most of the time these days,

The Shin-divot is being stubborn, but I think I'm doing it right now. Oddly there are a few of those blisters around it which seem to be the ibuprofen hives... I really hope that's all they are. :P 

I wear a dress at one point, and it's a PITA having to put a bandage and makeup over it to cover it. But, hey - I can stand and move and NOT limp  all the way through entire songs. 
I like that. :) 

I'm tired - but more comfortable with and confidant in the show each night. And it's not just me - it's tough material and we're all tired and under-rehearsed, but catching up. 
I have confidence as an experienced actor and singer, but time off and tricky material - they are enough to daunt any performer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!