Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4/14/2014 Blood Moon, Rehearsals, PT

Today I had an eye appointment - AND a Physical therapy appointment.  So many appointments! 

Working on a good new contact lens prescription. It's a never-ending battle. trying another increment. eh. 

I've been pretty sore for a few days - probably to do with being sedentary while I was in bed with the flu/cold/thing. I had to cancel PT during that time. It was good to get back to Ann. She taught me some exercises to strengthen my core/abs even more (I could sure feel it later in rehearsal. trying to hold long notes!!). I I have an exercise ball it would be easier, but it can be done without. Then she did some massage on my calves - they are so sore when I get up - her suggestion was that my lower back, which is learning all kinds of new posture trick, since my pelvis tilts properly now for the first time, is affecting the whole leg. Ice and stretching and lots of ab and lower back strengthening shoudl help get my calves to finally relax. 

Then it was off to rehearsal - finishing up the "stumble through" we started last night. 
it was stumbly, but gave us an idea of what we need to work on. you can see that it WILL become a really terrific production. it is full of very strong people who are strong in both acting and singing. that isn't always the case in Musicals. but it's a great group, and Peter, our accompanist/ music director is wonderful, I did better than nast night (Really bolloxed up my first fast song last night) tonight my second fast one was better, and I realized that I have more of the pattern of the show in my bones already than I thought. I was able to work mostly with the script in my hand. such a relief. My ballad went pretty well. I get what is known in Musical Theatre as "the Eleventh Hour number"  - the song that brings the house down about 10-15 minutes before the end of the show, I am very lucky! It's a great song, and I am really pretty comfortable with it. 

Toward the end of the rehearsal, I was really knackered and sore. 

I came home, watched the total eclipse of the moon  -- the Blood Moon - and took some poor photos (It was fun, and beautiful to see! :) ) .. and then I iced down well. 
Ann (my PT)  assures me it shoudl all be normal. Not to worry. Mostly I don't but if I have an exra twingy twinge - I just harken back to the slo-mo fall down the bottom two stairs 6 weeks ago, Yikes. THe little divot on my shtit is nearly healed - it was a lot deeper than it seemed. Still not infected (hurrah!) but not pretty. 
OK - off to bed for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!