Tuesday, April 1, 2014

4/1/2014 A Great Day for Pain Levels - Not That Great for Music Rehearsals.

I had a great day! I was out of Tylenol in the morning when I went to go get my vitamins. I realized - I don't even need it! got out of bed the easiest yet, mice smooth stroll down the hall to the bathroom - calves not tight! 
Went to work, took the cane in but didn't use it once - very smooth comfortable gait! 
just a few small twinges toward the end of the day. 

Off to the Chiropractor - he helped get my knee straightened out a bit, and adjusted my neck and ribs making my sore and cranky shoulders much better! 
At the end of the appointment, he said, "Well - you just call me when you need me! You're doing great!" 

I love hearing that! Stopped at the grocery store - no cane. strolled around the store feeling wonderful - got a few treats (Chinese food, Ice cream, some GF brownies - I'm not eating a lot of junk these days, but I was feeling VERY celebratory! Perhaps crab or lobster would have served me better, but brownies and Ice cream (which will last me for ages) it was! 
  I got very grumpy looks for parking in the disabled spot from an older man with a cane who parked next to me. Apparently an extra car length was not ok with him. To be fair - I remember when every singe step was like a mile of pain. But I still feel that wasting steps in the parking lot is not helpful. Soon enough I will begin to park further and further away, and revel in the journey! But he was grumpy at me. And I almost want to yank down my trousers and show him my matching 8 inch scars. Well, I REALLY wanted to. But I didn't. 

Off to rehearsal - we were moved upstairs, and that was OK. It was going well - I have four songs we hadn't really touched on, plus two small pieces... got several of them on tape... and then... we kept false-starting a particular song, and I went to delete one of the false start recordings... and I HIT THE "DELETE TODAY'S RECORDINGS" instead. 
 A lot of hard and very valuable work - PFFFT! 

Pardon my french, but MERDE!!!!!!!!!   I was so so upset. We tried to get them again, but I was too fried. I m losing a week of work with those tapes. and I'm pissed. 
I don't like April Fool's Day pranks, and pranking myself inadvertently was ust fat stupid. Grrrrr.... 

So I am going to go eat a brownie and some damn ice cream. And maybe some leftover chinese food. And I'm not even hungry, (NOTE - this is a very rare thing, I am NOT a binge eater, and I don't eat my feelings, and i rarely et sugary sweets. Just FYI). 

*sigh*, 
Must remember that th majority of the day was about feelign GREAT, and it being kind of a big sea-change Big Steps day! 

'night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!