Wednesday, May 7, 2014

5/7/2014 A Simple Day, Little Medical Junk

A simple day... Work, home...
I DID get 15 minutes in on the exercycle - finally! 

Caught one of the episodes of Call the Midwife I'd missed! 

Unfortunately, though I got to bed earlier than usual - or, rather, less late... 
this bloody Shin Divot awoke me at 4;30, feeling distinctly as though someone were burning me in the shin with a lit cigar, repeatedly. 
The reading I've done tells me that it can take from 2 weeks to six months to heal... or NEVER. WTF?! I think - I HOPE - that this applies mostly to larger wounds. Mine is a litle smaller than a dime... the photos I saw were large sections of calves and ankles. 
It can also be dealt with surgically. For which I haven't a penny to pay. 
Frustrating. BUT - I'll just keep caring for it as best I can. Next Monday is my next appointment with the surgical PA. I hope I can see the other vascular surgeonto look at it... I don't want to see Dr, Park again. He was brusque, dismissive, and n far too much of a hurry- barked out orders for bone scan and antibiotic, and when I asked questions, was essentially non-responsive. First medical professional with Sutter who hasn't been great. So - I'll try the other one, hoping she is not in surgery again. 

Off to put a hot compress on my eyes (Saw the eye doc today - my eyes are OK, but there's a potential issue that can be dealt with using a hot compress for 5 minutes. 

This feel ridiculous. I plan, VERY SOON, to have long long stretches of life where I don't have to take something, smear something on, wrap or salve or ice or heat something on my body. This is crazy!!  I am very healthy, in spite of all these shenanigans!! 

OK - that's me, off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!