Wednesday, May 21, 2014

5/21/14 Birthday!!

I turned 56 today! I feel MUCH more like 46! It was a great day - I've been off sugar for almost two weeks, but I indulged (Actually the local Gluten-Free  bakery gave me a free piece of delicious, rich birthday cake last night and I couldn't wait till today!)  - actually  - over-indulged! I didn't eat much sugar before the sugar fast, but WHEEE - a scone for breakfast, a lemon bar and salted caramel chocolate popcorn (!!) after lunch just about set me free!! A friend told me I sounded drunk over the phone! I was pretty giddy. :D 

Then off to dinner with a dear one, and absolutely spectacular conversation! Poetry, performing, films, family and how we all perceive our own families differently... it was splendid! And of course - Facebook Birthdays really truly are the best! :) 
Where else in the world do you get 350 friends telling you to have a happy day!? 

I felt pretty good - kept stretch and warmed up - dressed up for work - INCLUDING (low) heels! I have only worn heels on stage (for one song) and that fateful time when I caught the heel on the stair and fall ( thus beginning the Saga of the Shin Divot!) I was careful, and it was fun to feel pretty! 

Tomorrow I will be sensible again, and wear my flats, and wear a bit less makeup, but it was FUN to start feeling Normal and pretty! The hips were good all day. They only felt like they were working different muscles with the heels, not hurting. That was wonderful! Moving forward after all! That felt really good after the last week or so, 

And the birthday fun carries on for a few days... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!