Wednesday, May 28, 2014

5/28/2014 A Bit of a Downswing



Not the best day... they go up, they go down, yes? 

At PT I was a bit sore and didn't do a ton.. ultrasound on the knee and ice, a little balance work. 
We discussed my lull - the shin divot seems to have cause it. jut a little low - which really pisses me off, because all I want to be is a GREAT patient, and really a juggernaut at my pt and recovery - be cause they are one and the same. Dammit. 
Only one more PT session to go and she's going to have to cut me loose. However, if I DO need her later, I can get my doctor to recommend more appointments - that is very reassuring, 

Money issues. Maya Angelou died today and that really, REALLY sucks. I wish I could wax more eloquently about it, but her own words trump anythign I coudl say. Hit Google, read some of them, and let her inspire you. She was something very, very special.
I'm feeling uninspired poetically - at a bit of a dead-end, as I need to become a better educated poet. I am - but - I feel still like a beginner, five ears in. I remind myself that some of the poets I admire most - soem really amazing poets! have onl been writing about as long as I have - "came late to it" as it were. So - onwe go... 
 Allergies I don't actually HAVE have been kicking my ass and ruining my singing voice (and I sing for a diabetes benefit in two days.) 
Hoped to get our of the house for a poetry reading this evening, but I was just out of personal fuel. 
Suddenly my computer isn't playing videos. I use them a lot for tools for learning music, and for inspiration. Grrrrr... 
Missing one of my favorite people... and a few others too. 

Sorry if you came for a pep talk today, apologies - I'm a bit low on them... 

But- hey! The E Street Band was inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame! 

This can show you that even The SIlver Lining Queen can have low days - so I hope that helps! 
It'll be better soon. I have a bit more pain in the left hip - I see my surgeon for the next three-month followup in about two weeks... (last week was the 9 month-iversaryof the new left hip - it's almost 6 months on the right one). 


People keep telling me how great I look... how well I'm moving - I'll take it. 
And the Divot is healing... 
And I received a very touching card and a beautiful pair of earrings from my sister in the mail today - that is lovely!

Right, then! Onward, my friends... 

And in a few days it should be a little better- perhaps a lot! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!