Sunday, May 4, 2014

5/4/2014 A Fine Sunday

A great day! 
A relaxed morning, then coffee with a lovely dear friend whom I do not see often enough-  we acted together in a production of "Doubt" and made good friends. 
A lovely time! 
The handicapped parking spot was taken, but parking across the street and down was perfectly great! 

Then home to get ready for the early show. We met a few minutes early. 
To record a little song for a good friend who is graduating from Cal Arts, and since we can't be there, and he can choose any 9 seconds of music by which to walk and receive his diploma, we sang the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars... B-gawki!-ing as chickens. 
It will be the BEST! :) Theatre people are different, and sometimes we have twisted and odd senses of humor. It's one of the things I love best abut them (us). 

The show was excellent!! I had a few teeny bumbles. It happens. We're human, it's iive! The trick is to move right past them and not worry about it - Finish BIG! They'll never remember it! Several friends were there and just went crazy over it! They also were, as has been the trend, just tickled for me, too see me moving around and taking the space.  I am very happy! 

I'm not entirely sure how well the Shin Divot is healing. I'm taking the antibiotic on time, and treating with the pressure bandage as required. It's hard to tell day by day. I'm not sure what else one should do. I asked my doctor, and he said that what we are doing is what should handle it - and keeping it elevated. That is a bit tricky when you have work, performances, etc. But I do it whenever I can. I see the Vascular Surgeon's PA again a week from tomorrow. Fingers crossed, it's getting better. I know for certain that it is almost completely pain free now... so that must mean something good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!