Saturday, May 24, 2014

5/23/2014 I Can Crack My Back

Here's on ot the Little Things I Can Do!  
I have always been able to relieve pressure in my back with a careful, properly aligned twist of my back - lying on my side, knees bent, and twisting the upper body in the opposite direction of my knees ,carefully pressing on my hip. 

This went away when my hips disintegrated and froze up. My whole frame was always just stuck. 

Of course, after surgery with more exercise and PT and stretching, it's all sloooowly loosened up. Recently I VERY carefully tried it, and it really released my back - my lower back is so much less stiff, and that makes my whole legs much less stiff and sore! 
It is such a relief. Yay, little skeleton!! 

Now, once the Divot heals, I'll be able to go back to a less caloric diet, and before long when  Dr. Smith (Hip surgeon) deems that I'm on my way, I can start eating less red meat and dairy (both important for healing bones and wounds.) and get my weight down a bit. 
It all works together! 
My knees are a little goofy -  when I sit too long, they stiffen up - but the cartilage tests out great and abundant - so exercise is the key. When I stand up. stretching them upward lifting my knee upward, and then back, "kicking" my backside, sort of stretches and aligns them so I don't have a limp for the first ten or so steps. 

So - onward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!