Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5/20/14 PT Today, A Little Pre-Birthday Treat

Let's see... today... Still very tired... Maybe the healing process of this wound (the Shin Divot). Though several friends posted that they had a REALLLY hard time waking up today. Could be the barometer change. 

I had physical therapy today - it's hard, because I have not bee as vigilant with exercise, primarily due to my fatigue and lack of stamina right now. Not entirely - I'm doing stretches every time I get up. Doing some of my bed PT... 

It's a little disappointing. 
BUT! Now that I'm off the stage for a while, and will have some time, AND I'm healing this divot... I'm confidant that it's time to pick it back up. 

Physical Therapy today was all right - it confirmed that I still have pretty good balance... Anne didn't work me too hard because my hips are hurting a bit (Especially when I release from standing on one leg, for a moment). Calves are aching a bit again - she is pretty certain that's the sciatic  I need to strengthen my lower back, and ice it more. 

But, I'm not discouraged... Things happen - I'm getting better, just taking a little side trip to "Shin Divot Land" ... 

On a happy note, I stopped in to my local Gluten-Free bakery, Pushkin's - the NICEST people!! - to pick up a wee birthday treat for tomorrow. I've been mostly off sugar, but  COME ON!! It's my BIRTHDAY! :) 
 She was *just* closing - and they were out of every single thing!!! HURRAH for them!!! I told her I'd come back in the morning - she said, "We DO have some cake left, woudl you like a piece of cake?"  I declined, and she said, "Woudl you like a piece for free? It's the end of the day, I'd love for you to have a piece instead of wasting it!!!" 
I grinned ans accepted, saying, "You know what's funny? Tomorrow is my birthay and I was coming in fr a birthday treat!!" 
I will come in in the morning for a little breakfast treat, because I still want to buy something from them - though they are clearly not wanting for business! HURRAH! 
ANd - you know - a birthday treat! Because - I ate my birthday piece tonight after my dinner! :D OOPS! THe day after tomorrow, no more sugar.  Definitely no white sugar - occasional things have a little honey or maple syrup in them (Cereal, for instance) because I researched the foods I ned for healing, and grains and carbs are important right now.) 

Anyway... I'm going to try to turn in soon - I have no plans for the Day, but I'd like to be rested, for once! 
I MAY drive up to the gelato shop where my friend works in the foothills and enjoy some fabulous gelato and get a nice little visit with him, if he is on schedule for the evening. 
Otherwise, I have dinner plans with friends the next evening - Japanese food! Hurrah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!