Sunday, May 25, 2014

5/25/2014 A Relaxed Holiday Weekend - Working on Balance

Yesterday (Saturday) was a very low-key day. I am trying very hard NOT to have days which are TOO low-key. I must keep the body moving... 
but, looking up everything I can find for Wound Care (And this infernal Shin Divot) caloric intake is important - the body needs it. I'm not going crazy, and at the same time I am rying to be as sugarless (NOT substituting sugar substitutes - I never eat artificial sweeteners, and I really am trying to eat no added sugars- real fruit is fine and actually well- indicted)... so, things I wouldn't normally eat as much- more red meat, carbs, dairy fats ( I know - but I really did thorough research, and at the moment, healing is more important than weight). 
And yet - my weight isn't great. It's creeping up... I prefer it to be less - I am too round for optimum  mobility and such...  and yet... that divot. 
I cannot wait to get that healed and move ON and UP. 
 I DID get in 20 minutes on the exercise bike. 
I also sat and watched a lot of tv. BUT - I made sure to get up at least once an hour and move around the apartment. And hey! It was BBC America. ;) 

I finally got my act together to get showered and dressed up a bit and off to  a lovely part just up the street - got to see lots of delightful younger friends, and made some new ones! I am not a big fan f very loud and raucous parties, but this group are mostly well-kown friends, and the energy is always fun and full of love (I do so love my theatre people!) and so, much more enjoyable. IT was fun showing off my mobility - I admit, I did more than one short "catwalk" to show my lack of a limp and smoothness of my gait. :) 
It was very good to make plans (My habit, now) for the weekend evenings after my show closing. If an actor has no plans, the weekend after can be pretty emotionally low. Your body has gotten into the discipline of "Now id when I head off to the theatre... now I should be warming up with the cast... it's 8:15 - I should be onstage singing____" etc. Not being there can be really lonely, and feel very unproductive. And so I make plans. 

I was at the party until about 1:30, walked out to my car with a dear friend with whom I'd not have a chance to talk for a long time. Finally home, and eventually very late to bed... And of course, unable to sleep until 4:30 am. I must not decide that it's ok to pass up my bed-time supplements (which Include Calcium/Magnesium, very helpful for sleep) if I go to bed and remember that I've not taken them yet. That's laziness. 

I have also begun to do something I promised I would not to - slack on my PT. That is unacceptable, however much I want to live "normally" again. THAT part of Normal has to go away and become abnormal. 
Summer heat, laziness, lateness - blah blah blah. No acceptable. It is time to turn that back around, no matter how sorry I start to feel for myself about "set-backs" (like the shin divot). 

That's my little self- pep-talk. 

It was nice to have friends ask if I was OK going down the stairs (they are a little steep, older and wooden), but even nicer to say, "Yup! no problem - thanks! " 

Today stated rather lazily - needed sleep until 11:30 - and on the computer all morning... I need to get to a few things ( Well more than a few need doing - but I'm pacing myself, this holiday weekend. ;) )

This evening, it's another birthday celebration dinner at my favorite Sushi place with Mariam (My friends are so generous!!) to make up for the disappointment of dinner on my birthday night this last week. And time to hang out with Mariam is always lovely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!