Thursday, May 1, 2014

5/1/2014 Happy May Day!

A MUCH better day today! I reconciled the fact that I was taking a course of antobiotics as well as a radioactive bone scan that may or may not be necessary. If there is any chance that I have an infection that could in any way jeopardize my hip replacements, I should do it. 

I hate over using Antibiotics... a VERY bad idea. but perhaps this is not over-doing. 
I have had a lot of exposure to radiation... so now we will ( very likely) see that there is ni infection - either in the wound or the bone underneath it, in my shin. 

I'll wear black leggings under my cocktail dress in the show, or, as my PA told me today, I *can* take a break and cover it with a bandaid for a half an hour or so without risk. 

The bone scan was really interesting - the tech was great. Go in in the morning, get the radioactive dye injected. You watch the scanner as it detects that your circulation is taking up the dye - fascinating!! 
In the afternoon, after the dye has been able to make its way into your bones and you have flushed as much of it as possible from the rest of your system with LOTS of water, and LOTS of trips to the loo... it's back for the actual scan. He did mine from the waist down(So the would be able to see hoe the hips are doing if there is any concern) and two from the knees down - one sideways, one top/bottom.  Rayn. the very sweet tech, printed me copies of the images. 

I closed the day with a really jolly and very funny IM exchange with one of my favorite people, followed by a nice phone call with same! Made my da, and ended it on such a lovely, happy note. *whew*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!