Sunday, November 24, 2013

A GOOD day!

I think I have (Please oh, PLEASE!) found my zen place here, pre-surgery.
After my Panic and its alleviation, I felt pretty peaceful, and realized, "It's going to happen, on time, and it will be as good - probably better! - than the first one - because:

1. I will have a good leg to stand on - I really didn't for the first go-round.

2. because I will have two well-functioning hips and healthy legs (the knee pain goes away very, very quickly!), I will now be able to continue on in the physical therapy, not having to stop where the "Walking away from the walker and cane" part comes in.

If I haven't already said it thirty or five hundred times, I cannot wait to push aside the walker (both of them!) and WALK. unsupported. I know it may bee a few weeks, and then perhaps a bit of time with the cane maybe, but it will be soon now, and I am SO antsy for it!

3. My lovely new Left Hip, which was doing REALLY well, and has now developed a bit of pain, (likely due to the way I have to compensate for the very badly degenerated right hip), will be able to move FORWARD in its progress again, and so will the right one!

So, this morning I got up rather leisurely, listened to my Saturday morning NPR shows, made a nice breakfast (2 poached eggs, the last chicken apple sausage, a GF Bagel with creme cheese and a lovely strawberry freezer jam) and some strawberry rhubarb yoghurt)

A friend came over for a nice visit to bring me a jar of her new bread and butter DILL chips... and a good gab over a cuppa.

I went to get a great massage from my friend Curt...

and I met my dear friend Sam (my Deborah's husband) for delicious Nepalese/Indian food.
I feel content and happy. I really hope to avoid any more of the Meltdown Blues. They are just unnecessary, and I feel really calm and happy. :)

My hip hurts like a bitch, but I'm choosing the places I go, and trying not to sit in one lace too long.

Tomorrow all my plans are hear at home - sleeping in, relaxing, doing a little tidying as my limited mobility permits, and catching up on Dr. Who! :)

Good night, readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!