Sunday, August 31, 2014

8/30/2014 Unanticipated Boredom...

Hmmm... well... 

Here's a thing I didn't anticipate. Here I am a year plus after surgery #1, and able to get around very, very well - just need to build stamina, but of course, that is something that is alway good to do. But there's really nothing that I would say I am not really able to do yet - maybe take a long hike, yet. But otherwise, good! 

So, here I am with a WONDERFUL THREE DAY WEEKEND! And here I am - still single... and three-day weekends seem to be for couples and families to get away and do all of the THINGS! Camping - hiking - kayaking - romantic getaways... 

i am not feeling sorry for myself because I "don't have a man" ... I have wonderful people with who I can and often do spend time... 
But there is only so much that is as fun to do solo as with someone, and well, there's that budget... and it is bloody hot... 

But there they are - tons of photos of friends off camping, kayaking, taking romantic trips to the ocean. 
And the first half of day One of Three - I am bored and a bit cranky, stuck much too much to Facebook and Screens to keep me occupied... 
I knitted today, organized some of my new living room configuration (a year's worth of nesting around the big lifter/recliner which I no longer need, got rid of yesterday, and need to get it al sorted and tossed or put away again... 
Finished a wonderful book last night... 

I could study some Portuguese and read or write some poetry... Those are all tied to computer/iPad too... 

I am just antsy.. and I had forgotten about that, because when it is a given that you will be at home sitting, your world becomes very small, and you rarely, rarely go out unless you have saved up the energy and are willing to sacrifice energy the next day. 

So, though there is NO lack of gratitude for the very energy and capabilities I now have again - I would love to go dancing, to the river, any amount of activity... I have opted out of theatre *quite* yet for various reasons, so my time is not filled with rehearsal and learning material... very soon, but not quite yet. .
I feel like a bored 56-going on 40 teenager. 

I am about to grocery shop, and this evening will cook dinner and watch a bit of Doctor Who (new episode - yahoo!) and do at least half an hour on my recumbent stationary bike... But I need to be in the company of people. 

I have the Farmer's Market and brunch with a friend planned tomorrow morning... that's a good thing. 

*sigh*. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!