Wednesday, July 23, 2014

7/22/2014 Away for the Weekend, and Oh, Momma is Tired.

It was a long, fun weekend, and it kicked my butt. Really my first over-nighter in ages, aside from the two surgeries! But it was worth it. Everything is physical therapy! 

I drove up to Murphys, CA in the Sierra Gold Country, where there is a theatre I work with. I saw them perform Twelfth Night out doors - a new venue for us, as we lost the winery and amphitheater that had been the company's home for about 15 years last year. 

Brice Station Winery is beautiful ad they are *very* friendly and welcome us as family! The owner of the winery was even in a small role in the show! 
The show was delightful, and it's hard to beat theatre under the Stars. The winery even threw a post-show barbecue party for the cast and crew for closing night! 
It was wonderful getting all around the winery - uneven terrain, from lawn to gravel to blacktop to forest floor - all just absolutely fine. A whole group of friends who have not seen me sure-footed - it was nice. :) 
I stayed at my good friend Graham's place (the artistic director) on his narrow couch. 
The good news is, my hips didn't hurt a bit - not one bit! But my upper body wasn't very happy trying to get comfortable - and I slept about 2 hours total, fitfully. I've never been very good at sleeping away from my own bed, but ver the years I have spent my summers there every weekend from May to September - I got used to adapting to different beds, according to where I was housed, as an out-of-town actor/costumer/props master, etc. 

but it's been a couple of summers since I was able to work up there, due to the hips and all... and ui, the loss of sleep!!! 
I came home, unpcked, fed the cats and took a five hour nap - yay!!!! Good to go!! 
Got a ffew things done, took a LOVELY walk! The weather, usually in the high 90's - low 100's here in July, has been amaizngly cool - even some rain! The sunset in Murphys was utterly breathtaking!! 

And then a dear friend called - he is the best conversationist I know... and we talked until 2:30. AM. Which is *great*!! Because talking with him is so energizing and enjoyable... but you know... work night. 
I'm a grownup (For some intents and purposes) - I coudl absolutely sign off... but I value the time and conversation more. And of course I wasn't able to sleep until after 4. Que sera!! 
I had a rehearsal last night for a fundraiser benefit for the Sacramento Shakespeare Festival  - it's going to be a HOOT! It's songs of Shakespeare and Love - I'll be singing one of each! 
Some lovely and some hilarious! a great lineup of 20 singers. 

I really am still so beat - I think it's the whole weekend getaway... I treated it like the old days, a litle bit but it was nice to walk the two blocks or so up the hill to the Hotel restaurant for breakfast! Fo so long, I was forced to drive... it was beautiful.
I just have to remember that I'm still getting my stamina back. 
I didn't walk tonight, but I did do 20 minutes on the exec-cycle.

I need to turn in. two nights in a row in bed by midnight - I hope this one helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!