Thursday, July 17, 2014

7/16/2014 A good day!

I haven't gone walking in about a week - best laid plans, too much hot hot heat, not enough sleep and getting home exhausted, etc., etc., etc... 
But this evening is so cool and stunning, there was no NOT walking. Unloaded groceries, put 'em away, fed them kitties and put on my walkin' shoes... And danged if I was going to backslide, so, even after a week - I matched my last 8 block walk. It kicked my butt a little - those last 2 blocks were a little leaden, but I did it and stormed on up the steps. Ahhhhhh!!!  it feels good and accomplished...
And still time to make dinner and do my nightly "apartment purge challenge" session.
 Every day for a month, you toss out as many things as the date - today, 16 thangs. I also make myself a rule that the keeper things in that pile or box or stack also have to get put away. So far I've thrown out 7 bags of STUFF. Mostly papers. 
If it's keep-able and I don't want it, I give it away, but so much of this is just paper, paper and more paper - old files of all kinds - a two inch thick folder of headshots from an audition I monitored for my theatre company at least ten years ago!!!! 
I also came across a very sweet little cache of cards and notes and a few printed-out emails from two of my dearest friends... Deb, who is gone, and Christian, who is in SF now and a dear loved one - it prompted me to call him. We had a WONDERFUL three hour talk - laughed 'n' cried and caught up on lots of good things happening for both of us!

It's amazing, this project - it paces you and prevents getting overwhelmed - long, long overdue, but I CAN lift and move boxes and books and stuff now - and even get it down the stairs.  Nice hips, if I do say so myself! 

My new friend Caryn is doing well two days after her hip replacement - right on track! She'll spend a week in a rehab facility, since she lives alone, but then she'll be home and resting and healing up. I look forward to seeing her progress! 

I was able to give her a bit more advice oh getting food delivered to the house, and to remind her - you NEED TO MAKE YOURSELF ASK FOR HELP (dear Readers!)  when it is needed! It can be a hard thing to do, but it's got to be done. Taking hte stress off and not over-doing, which she is getting the hang of! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!