Saturday, July 19, 2014

7/18/2014 Proceeding apace, Rubbing Shoulders with the Glitterati, Planning a Short Jaunt Away

Yesterday was such a beautiful, cool day I was able to get out in it and take a good walk... it had been a week, but I was not interested in backsliding.
I matched my previous/best so far and made the 8 blocks. It was a little tough toward the end - I amstill pretty tired  - I don't know if that is lack of sleep (Night person with a day job :/) or somethign else - I am beginning to wonder of that is not from my blood pressure medicine.

Tonight I did a full 35 minutes on the 'cycle.

I seem to be *gaining* a little weight - and that is NOT amusing to me - I cut back on sugar, I eat well, and  I'm increasing my exercise. And no - its not muscle. This annoys me. I want and need to get some of the weight and stress off of my beautiful shiny new hips so they last their longest.
I am not a believer in the calorie count... it is crazy.
Sure - You can just eat 300 calories for a meal if you can sustain yourself - but are we talking about
300 calories of potato chips? of steamed veggies? of meat protien? Tofu? Jelly beans?!? It DOES make a difference!!!
And so the quest for balance continues.

I took myself out to see a friend's production of his one-man show last night - it was lovely, and one of our local celebrities was there! Actually, she is at least a national theatre celebrity, who moved here to Sacramento with her husband a few years ago. Faith Prince... a respected and supremely talented Broadway actress. SHe has won Tony Awards... and I normally don't like to drop names - but FAITH PRINCE was standing there after the show complimenting my blouse and asking me where I might have gotten it?!?!? It was delightful, and she is a peach. I am proud to say I comported myself in a friendly way, and remained down to earth. It was fun - and the show was wonderful.

Tomorrow I will take my first solo trip out of town in almost a year! I'm going up to Murphys in the historic Gold Rush country, an hour and 40 minutes from here, to see one of my favorite theatre companies I work with perform Twelfth Night under the stars. Last time I went up, I was on the walker - it wasn't easy. I'm just thrilled to have the independence to up and GO overnight! It will once again be a situation where I'll do my  nice, smooth"Runway model" walk and everyone will ooh and aahhh - it makes me smile - and I get a little tired of it - I am ready to be just normal healthy walking ME again - but - I also appreciated the intention behind it, and they are only encouraging me! I have quite a few friends who had not met me before my hips started to go south, and have never seen me without a limp!
It is nice that they care.

I'll need to pack in the (lateish) morning - it's odd to think that, after years of packing up every weekend from May to September, all my gear at hand and ready to go, I'm going to have to hunt down my overnight bag and overnight toiletries/gear again - the last 2 times I packed to stay away were for surgery!! I have no clue, after performing a perfunctory inspection, where either of my two overnight bags are! Well, I know they somewhere here in the apartment.

Looking forward to my little adventure! I have missed the Mountains!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!