Saturday, October 18, 2014

10/18/2014 Challenging house chores, Tearin' Up the Sheets (Literally. Don't get too excited), Time Check

I changed my sheets  today, which is a little job in and of itself, but when you have two mostly-white Turkish Van cats, with 5" long super-super fine fur, and you prefer black sheets... it is a real major task, and a bit of a workout! 
That hair sticks to every fabric like velcro, on contact. And then it forms little balls. Just throwing it in the wash is not gonna do it. 
With regular cats, a good fluff-n-dry will de-cat-hair anything. 
Oh, no. It takes a brush - brushing the whole top sheet on both sides, and the fitted sheet on the top - thoroughly - to get them even ready to wash. 
Don't evenTALK to me about sticky fur rollers. I go through an entire one before I'm half-way done. 
There is no keeping two feral-born kitties out of the bedroom (They like to cave under the bad - it's their most secure place - but they like to be  ON the bed too... and one will even cuddle with me, but only when i am IN the bed. So... unless I want to be heartless, no. 
But dammit, the sheets are clean again and bed will be fresh and cozy tonight! (Everything is physical therapy, right?)

Also - a funny little after- effect of the Post-Surgery times last year - this particular set of sheets has obviously been washed and used again several times since - but I think this was the fitted sheet I used most when I was doing the in-bed physical therapy exercises the most (though I still do them on a lesser basis to keep things healthy and limber) - a few nights ago, suddenly I moved a foot across the sheet turning over - and it tore right through! That spot between the knees and feet, where I moved my feet across it the most doing the PT repetitions just gave up the ghost! 
I had to chuckle. I think with a repair, and putting it one the other way-round I can probably get a few more uses out of it... but I had to laugh! 
Never wore through a sheet before!! 

Just for the record, it is 1 year and two months since Hip Replacement #1. 10 months and two weeks since #2. 
I just keep on rolling ahead. Not every day is great ( this has been a bit of a low week), but I keep at it... I'm on the 'bike at least 6 nights a week, and though I had a little issue with my right knee for a couple of weeks, I started giving it really good attention and regular Ice and stretching/strengthening, and it's getting back to well again... I hope to get a good walk in tonight for the firs time in a couple of weeks! 
It's slowly becoming Autumn here, far behind schedule, but almost there, so it should be a lovely night for it. 

No walk tonight after all, but just completed a nice, half-hour vigorous exercycle session. Whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!